In addition to our Business Concierge Service we offer payroll service, individual income tax preparation and tax planning, and Social Security consulting.
Business Concierge Service
Our business concierge package is based on five core services: bookkeeping, payroll, tax planning, tax return preparation and business consulting. Consider this your tax “fastpass” as you move to the front of the line anytime the tax code changes. Your business will be the first to know about the changes and how they affect your business. You’ll hear about tax law changes from a tax expert, not a news reporter.
Our qualified staff will assist you with:
- Full service bookkeeping: Bookkeeping may include accounts payable and accounts receivable, entry of all transactions into checking, credit card & loan accounts, reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, monthly sales tax reporting, and prepared financial statements.
- Full service payroll: Payroll includes all types of compensation, retirement and insurance deductions, sick and vacation pay, direct deposit or signature ready paychecks, new hire reporting, workers compensation audits, quarterly and annual tax filings, W-2’s.
- Tax planning: Tax planning is an essential element of the tax preparation process. By making tax planning part of your overall strategy, you can use our experience and access to current new developments in the tax laws to minimize both your current and future tax liabilities.
- Tax preparation: Tax laws change every year and what was true in the past is not necessarily valid in the current year. Keeping up with the changes and knowing how to apply those changes can be a daunting and time consuming chore. We spend over 100 hours each year studying new law, new regulations, and reading tax court cases to put us in the best position to advise our clients.
- Business Consulting: We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business.
and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year.
Individual Tax Preparation
Tax laws change every year and what was true in the past is not necessarily valid in the current year. Keeping up with the changes and knowing how to apply those changes can be a daunting and time consuming chore. Although there is help available from the IRS and numerous income tax preparation software programs at your disposal, preparing your own income tax return is challenging. Copper Canyon Tax and Accounting Services will help you reduce your current tax liability by making sure your return is prepared correctly and takes advantage of all credits and deductions you are entitled to.
According to a study released by the US Government’s General Accounting Office in 2005, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional trained in income tax preparation.
Tax planning is an essential element of the tax preparation process. By making tax planning part of your overall strategy, you can use our experience and access to current new developments in the tax laws to minimize both your current and future tax liabilities.
An IRS audit can be an intimidating and complex process. If you or your business face an IRS audit, we can bring to bear years of experience in dealing with tax matters and IRS audit procedures to ensure that you are properly represented when dealing with the IRS and other tax authorities.
Social Security Consulting
Do you know the right time to sign up for Social Security? Making the wrong choices over the next few years can greatly reduce your ability to enjoy what are supposed to be the golden years of retirement. Congressional changes occurring or upcoming include dramatic changes to the income tax aspects of the Social Security/Medicare system. We can help our clients make financial changes in their lives to still have some gold in the pot at the end of the rainbow. The wrong decision can cost your family tens of thousands of dollars of Social Security benefits.
Business Entity Selection
Choosing how your business is taxed could be the most important decision you make (e.g. C or S corporation, sole proprietor, partnership, limited liability company…) It is a crucial decision that can have longstanding tax implications, positive or negative. We can assist you in evaluating the pros and cons of each entity type to help you determine the most advantageous form of business for your company. While this service is not “cheap”, we have had client save $20,000, $30,000 and more per year by being properly structured and having the best benefits package for their situation and entity.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business.
Business Concierge Service rates:
Since every business is unique, our Business Concierge Service rates vary. What you can expect:
- Bookkeeping billed out at our standard rate of $60/hr
- Payroll billed out at our standard rate (see below)
- Tax return, tax planning, and consulting billed out at our standard rate or $150.00/hr
Example: Your business requires 6 hours per month of bookkeeping, you have 9 employees, your business and personal taxes take 10 hours, and we have 6 meetings per year for consulting, tax planning and tax projections. Total service cost $9000 per year, you will be billed $750.00 per month.
Payroll and Contractor Payments:
Initial Payroll set-up includes enrollment in electronic filing service and direct deposit or signature ready checks for employees and contractors.
S-Corporation officer only payroll:
1 or more officers paid once a month by direct deposit $60.00 per month/ $720 per year.
Bi weekly payroll rates*:
1 – 5 employees/contractors $85.00 per month/ $1020 per year.
Employees/Contractors over 5 total are an additional $7.50 each per month.
Monthly fee includes:
- Process payroll and calculate Federal and State tax deposits.
- Make Federal and State tax deposits electronically.
- Prepare and e-file quarterly payroll tax returns for Federal, State, and Department of Economic Security.
- Process and mail forms W-2, W-3, 1099 & 1096 at year end.
- Calculate and pay state and Federal unemployment tax and prepare the tax returns and associated documents and fillings.
- Standard delivery by USPS.
*Fees for weekly payroll will vary from pricing shown, call for quote.
Prices include paying all Federal, State and DES deposits electronically through your business bank account. Deposits are based on the dollar amount of total gross pay per pay period. Electronic payment of federal, state, and DES withholding is required. Payroll hours need to be submitted two (2) business days before the direct deposit payroll date.
Income Tax Preparation hourly rates:
Business taxes including Form 1065, 1120 & 1120-S $150.00/HR minimum fee $750.00
Includes analysis of general ledger, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, completed tax file and tax return with schedules L, M-1 & M-2, qualified business income (QBI) calculations, and basis calculations for partners and shareholders.
Individual tax returns are prepared and charged by the form. Our minimum fee is $349.95 and our average fee is $600.00.
Social Security Consulting rates:
We offer two separate consultations for Social Security and retirement planning.
- $300.00 – Calculate your maximum Social Security benefit. Applying for Social Security for you and your spouse is important and you only get one opportunity to get it right. Our calculation will show you, in detail, when to apply and how to receive the most Social Security benfits.
- $650.00 – We will run a calulation to maximize your Social Security benefits and create a tax projection which includes payments from pension plans and required minimum distributions (RMD) from 401(k) and IRA accounts. This 1, 5, and 10 year projection will help you understand the taxes you will face during retirement and give you the tools to maximize your income and minimize the taxes due.