Written by Marc R Barnes EA
September 25, 2009
If your business is a partnership (LLP), a limited liability company (LLC), or an S corporation, your business can make a charitable contribution and pass the deduction through to you, to claim on your individual tax return.

If you own a regular (C) corporation, the corporation can deduct the charitable contributions.

If you've got some old computers or office furniture, giving it to a school or nonprofit organization can yield goodwill plus a tax benefit. However, if the equipment has been fully depreciated, you can't claim a deduction.